1/3 Photos of Fig Newtons (Homemade)
1 hr 30 mins
Make your own version of these tasty cake/cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice figs, soak in water 1 hour.
- 2Add sugar & cook on medium heat until of thin jam consistency.
- 3Beat sugar, butter, egg, milk & vanilla until well blended.
- 4Add dry ingredients.
- 5Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6Place 1/2 on well floured dough cloth; knead about 6 times.
- 7Roll out to 1/4" thick. Line 13 x 9" glass baking dish; cover with figs.
- 8Roll remaining dough, cover figs. Cook at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 9Let cool and cut into squares. Depending on the size you cut you can get a couple dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig Newtons (Homemade)
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g