- 2 cups figs (fig preserves)
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Cream together shortening, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Sift flour, soda and baking powder. Add to egg mixture.
- Grease a small cookie sheet with shortening.
- Pour 1/2 of the dough into pan and spread.
- Pour fig preserves over the dough and gently spread.
- Drop rest of dough over figs. Place in oven.
- When mixture starts to melt and gets soft gently spread the top.
- Bake 40 minute.
- Cool and cut into 24 bars.