Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found this online and thought it sounded like something to try. The recipe suggests drizzling the baked loaf with an icing and scattering additional Fig Newton chunks on top of that; prep time is just an assumption.*
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 Fig Newtons, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Filling: Crumble all ingredients together with hands to create crumbs and chunks of various sizes; set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; stir just until batter is combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Gently swirl the filling into the batter with a butter knife to marbleize.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes, checking around 90 minutes for doneness.
- Cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack; carefully invert and turn right side up and either finish cooling completely or drizzle with a glaze while still warm and sprinkle with additional crumbled Fig Newtons.