Healthier than store-bought, without all the preservatives!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the shortening and 1 cup sugar; add the egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- 2Mix the milk with the vanilla.
- 3Sift salt, flour and baking powder together; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- 4Blend well.
- 5Roll out to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured board (rectangle shape).
- 6Put figs in saucepan with remaining sugar and 1 cup boiling water.
- 7Boil 5 minutes; cool.
- 8Spread the cooked mixture over half the dough; fold over the other half of the dough to cover.
- 9Cut into rectangular bars.
- 10Bake in 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig Newton Bars
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 199.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: