Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the New Orleans Times-Picayune in response to a recipe request.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups mashed peeled figs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or 3 tablespoons rum
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- Stir sour cream, figs, lemon zest and liquor together.
- Sweeten to taste with confectioner's sugar.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks and add confectioner's sugar to taste.
- Gently fold the fig mixture in by quarter measures until completely blended.
- Serve immediately for mousse OR pack into a mold and freeze for frozen mousse.
Liked this as a dip for apple slices. Next time I'll try it frozen. It was very sweet and creamy. Thanks Molly53.