Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request.
Top Review by aussieches
I made two batches of this today. I added a little ginger. The first batch I made I did not cut up the figs, second go around I gave them a good buzz with my hand held blender. I think I prefer the chunky style of the uncut...but I needed to try. Great recipe, very easy and yummy. I love fig jam with goat cheese on crackers.
- 3 1⁄4 lbs ripe figs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grates lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box Sure-Jell
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash figs in cold water and remove stems.
- Place figs in a large saucepan and add the lemon juice, zest and water.
- Stir well and add the sure jell.
- Turn heat onto high and stir until a hard boil is reached.
- Add the sugar.
- Stirring constantly bring mixture to a hard boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Stir and skim for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot sterile jars and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.