Really a conserve being it has nuts and pieces of fruit. This sweet yummy conserve has a hints of lavender and ginger. Great for filling cookies or as a spread. If you can't get lavender it still will be great. You can use flavered sugars or just the good old stand by white sugar! No pectin here for it jells up nicely without it.
- In a food processor place sugar, lavender, and ginger process to make the ginger and lavender into bits. The sugar will become somewhat powdered. Place into a large heavy bottom pot.
- Place the figs and lemon juice and zest into the processor and pulse 5 to 6 times just to a coarse chop. Add to pot with sugar.
- Heating to a slow boil then raise heat to a fast rolling boil for 15 minutes stirring most the time. At this point you`ll see the juice turn vibrant dark red and it is pretty syrupy. Add the pine nuts.
- Spoon into sterilized jars.
- Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.