Recipe by Sherrybeth
I saw someone talking about fig ice cream so I asked my home economist mother if she had a recipe and here it is. ***This is for a 4 quart ice cream freezer.*** I "guessestimated" on the freezing time being 1 hour.
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 quart fig, peeled
- 1 pint half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar to the eggs and stir slightly.
- Mash figs with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and add to egg mixture, blending lightly until mixed.
- Stir in half and half and pour into your ice cream freezer.
- Add enough milk to reach the "fill" line on the freezer.
- Freeze in your ice cream freezer until done.
- Allow to sit 15 minutes before serving.