Recipe by JazzyCooking
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I love making appetizers and tapas! I developed this recipe for the Simply Potatoes Contest last night. These are quick and easy, but look so beautiful that your guests will think they took you hours to make! They are also perfect "one bite" appetizers.
Top Review by sunshinesharon
These were AMAZING! The perfect little appetizer for any party. The crunch of the potato along with the sweet fig and bacon was unbelieveable! Everyone must try this recipe....you won't be disappointed!!
- 566.99 g Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6-8 slice bacon, diced
- 709.77 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 118.29 ml goat cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml fig preserves
- 14.79 ml salt
- 9.85 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- In large bowl, combine hash brown, beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir until potatoes are well coated with egg.
- Spray (2) 24 mini muffin pans with non-stick spray. Spoon in approximately 1 teaspoon of hash brown mixture into each muffin cup, gently pressing bottom and up the sides of cup. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until browned and they start to pull away from muffin cups. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- In sauté pan, cook diced bacon until lightly crisped. Remove bacon and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- In same sauté pan, add chopped spinach to bacon fat and sauté over med. high heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Begin to assemble nests by adding ¼ tsp fig preserves in bottom of hash brown nest. Next top with approximately ¼ tsp of cooked spinach, then ¼ teaspoons goat cheese. Top goat cheese with another ¼ tsp of fig preserves and sprinkle a little bacon on top. Continue layering process to each hash brown nest.
- Place on baking sheet and return to preheated 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or just until hot. Remove from pan and serve.