Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This frosts the top and sides of an 8-inch square cake.
- 1 egg white, unbeaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 drop almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fig
- Combine egg white, sugar, water, and lemon juice in top of double boiler, beating with mixer until well mixed.
- Place over rapidly boiling water, beating constantly, and cook for 4 minutes, or until frosting will stand in peaks.
- Remove from the boiling water and add lemon peel, almond extract, and figs.
- Beat until thick enough to spread.