Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cookies that are out of this world
Make and share this Fig Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups figs (fig preserves well drained and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Sift together flour, salt,baking soda, cinnamon and allspice set aside
- Combine shorting and sugar: add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add fig preserves.
- Drop by by teaspoon onto well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 min at 350°F.
We do enjoy figs, & their pairing with the pecans in this recipe made for some very satisfyingly flavorful cookies! No chance that they'd go stale in our house, that's for sure! Will make these again, without a doubt! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]