Recipe by Julesong
"This recipe goes back five generations in the Guidry family of Church Point, Louisiana. So make it a tradition in your family." Recipe appeared on Chef Folse's television show the week of July 17 to July 23, 1999.
- 1 pint chopped fresh fig
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt-style pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda and spices.
- Add these dry ingredients, alternately with the buttermilk, into the sugar mixture.
- Stir constantly until all ingredients are well incorporated into the batter.
- Add vanilla, pecans and figs.
- Stir well and pour into the greased pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove from pan.
- You may wish to serve with ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.