Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy lunch or dinner idea using English Muffin halves. This is my own creation from my blog: www.pickypalate.blogspot.com
- 8 lightly toasted whole wheat English muffins, split
- 8 slices brie cheese (thin slices)
- 8 tablespoons fig preserves
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place toasted muffins onto a baking sheet. Top evenly with brie cheese.
- Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of Fig preserves onto each pizza.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp.
- Top with basil.
Thanks Picky Palate for a great new recipe. One thing that I will mention is to let your muffins cool before placing the brie. I didn't and the cheese kind of dissapered into the holes of the muffins. It still tastes great ...just not as pretty. Made for PAC spring '09