Recipe by mortar&pestle
Super easy -from a local restaurant
Top Review by BarbryT
A very special treat. Crispy, salty, sweet and unctuous. For a single person, I used small tortillas and my favorite blue cheese (Point Reyes). I crumbled the cheese over one tortilla and heated it in the microwave for about 15 seconds so it was easily spreadable. Since fresh figs are not in season, I used a couple of dried "white Turkish" figs. Very good but very sweet. I suspect I will enjoy this even more with fresh figs.
- 2 flour tortillas, 18-20cm
- 25 g blue cheese
- 50 g mozzarella cheese
- 2 fresh figs, sliced thinly (used dried if fresh isnt available)
- 2 slices prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay 1 wrap on chopping board and spread blue cheese evenly over.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella.
- Lay fig slices even over the cheeses, then the proscuitto.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozarella over the proscuitto and cover with the other wrap.
- Heat a large frypan with a little oil then lay the wraps in the pan.
- Cover and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side.
- Gently flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and cut lengthwise - serve hot.