Recipe by Lennie
Found this on the Net in response to a request. There was no yield, so I'm going to guess 24 bars. If you make these and that's wrong, pls let me know!
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups sifted whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fig
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix together sugar, salt, sour cream, flour, and soda; knead and roll very thin.
- Grind figs and nuts.
- Cream with the butter and hot water; add vanilla.
- Spread half the dough with the fig mixture and fold the other half of dough over to cover the fig mixture.
- Press together and cut in 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Arrange on lightly greased cookie sheet, sprinkle with sugar, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.