Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very nice drink from the California Fig folks! This recipe is popular in Africa and Australia, also Southern USA.
- 1 cup dried fig, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup banana, slices (1-inch)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- mint leaf (optional)
- berries (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender (not a food processor), and blend until smooth, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Strain liquid and pour into tall, chilled glasses.
- Add garnish of mint leaf or berries if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Very good. I made for one. I skipped the honey because for bananas and figs are sweet enough. I also didn`t strain it, for it was nice to get to the bottom where the bits of fig where. Sweet endings!!
Delicious! I used fresh figs, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, pumpking seeds, and 3 dried plums instead of honey. I really liked the taste and texture that the yogurt provides.
This was very good and different from our usually berry fruity smoothies. The only changes I made were to use fresh figs from our tree, skipped the vanilla because I used vanilla non-fat yogurt that I had on hand, and had to add about an 1/8 cup of water because there was not enough liquid for the blender to work and found no need to strain the mixture. Thanks for posting this tasty concoction!