Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet and Tangy. Makes any salad Exciting! ... and what I did with all those extra figs! This was inspired by my friend, Ellen.
- 1 lb fig (fresh)
- 1 cup water (filtered)
- 2 ounces shallots (very thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Simmer Figs in water until very soft.
- Puree with hand held wand.
- Keep on low heat, and continue until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Sweat shallots over medium low heat in olive oil, and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add sugar and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add to fig mix and puree again.
- Add vinegar.
- Bottle and refrigerate.