Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tried and true favorite from the California Fig folks!
- 1 lb dried fig, stems removed
- 2 tart apples, peeled and cored
- 1 orange, juice and rind of
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 dash salt
- Put figs, apples, orange and lemon rinds through food processor or chop fine with knife.
- Place in heavy kettle.
- Add water.
- Boil for 10 minutes, reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes more.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Mix well with spoon and simmer for an additional 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add fruit juice; mix well.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Seal and keep in a cool place.
This is great! I make fig jam for one of my daughters. It is her favorite! Excellent! I left out the orange juice. It was still delicious and I thank you for the great recipe! Apples and figs compliment each other quite nicely! I gave some of it for gifts last Christmas! It is really yummy and stretches the expensive delicious figs too! I used Turkish Figs...next time CA...sorry about that! :) This a really great recipe! Happy Jelly :)