Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried mission figs, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons tawny port
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 8 ounces wheel brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add figs and walnuts and cook for 1 minute.
- Add port and nutmeg and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add 2 tbs beaten egg and combine well.
- On a floured parchment paper, lay pie crust flat.
- Cut the brie in half horizontally.
- Place the bottom layer of brie in the center of the pie crust and top with half of the fig mixture.
- Replace top of brie and layer on the remaining fig mixture.
- Pull up crust over the sides of brie, leaving the filling exposed.
- Brush crust with remaining egg.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until crust is golden.
- Cool 10 minutes and slice in wedges to serve.