1/3 Photos of Fig and Peach Jam
Fresh summer peaches and figs blessed with Grand Marnier, vanilla, cinnamon and fresh ginger makes this jam rich and sweet.
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 lbs figs, washed and quartered
- 3 large fresh peaches (pitted and chopped)
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 3/4 ounces fruit pectin, no sugar needed
- 1 -2 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced in half
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1Pulse figs and peaches in a food processor and pulse 8 - 10 times. Leaving some chunks.
- 2Add all ingredients in a large heavy bottom saucepan. Cook over high heat stirring frequently to prevent scorching about 10-15 minutes or until full rolling boil.
- 3Stir in white sugar. Return to a full rolling boil. Boil hard for (3) minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add Grand Marnier.
- 4Remove cinnamon stick and vanilla pod.
- 5Skim off foam. Ladle in hot sterilized jars, wipe rims and place lids and screw top on.
- 6Place in a hot water bath covering by 1 inch of water. Process in boiling bath 10 minutes. Shut heat off and let sit in water bath 5 more minutes. Then remove the jars from the hot water without tilting and set aside to cool.
- 7Leave for 12 hours then check the seals on the jars by pressing on the centers of the lids. If the lids do not spring back, they are vacuum sealed and the jam can be stored at room temperature.
- 8Another way to check is to remove the ring and try to lift the lid. If it lifts up, it wasn't sealed properly. If the lid flexes, there is no seal, so store the jar in the freezer or refrigerator instead.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig and Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 160
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: