Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I got this directly from Southern Living Magazine and it is truly easy and wonderful. It makes a great appetizer and is easy to double if you need more. Treat your guests and your Family with this Southern Living recipe.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp (31-40 count})
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced})
- 1⁄2 cup figs or 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Peel and Devein Shrimp.
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.Add shrimp and minced Garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and stir in preserves, horseradish and Mustard . Saute for 1-2 Minutes until shrimp have turned pink.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. ENJOY.
Never having had figs before, I was delightfully surprized at the complexity it lended to the sauce. This dish just needed a little salt and pepper.