Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lovely and aromatic little appetizer. Good with a crisp white wine.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 figs
- 4 ounces fresh fish
- 8 slices whole wheat french bread
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and deseed the tomatoes, then mash them with a fork. Wash, dry and chop the tarragon, then add it to the tomato. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil over this, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Clean the figs, and cut them into quarters.
- Clean the fish, removing all bones. Cut the fish into 8 pieces.
- Spread some of the tomato mix onto each bread slice, then put a piece of fish and one of the fig quarters. Sprinkle some olive oil lightly over this, then sprinkle some thyme over each slice. Sprinkle a little salt on.
- Cook these slices about 8" under the grill of your oven for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.