Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken tenders, halved
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 5 fresh figs, quartered
- 20 bamboo skewers
- Toss chicken pieces in teriyaki sauce; heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a skillet over med-high heat until the oil smokes.
- Cook half the chicken at a time for 6-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, giving the pan frequent shakes.
- Transfer chicken to plate; wipe out pan and return to heat; repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, skewer 1 piece of chicken, followed by a quarter fig and a second piece of chicken; serve at room temperature.