Cookin' in NJ's Note:
This is a wonderful recipe that I found in Cooking Light Magazine. It's easy to prepare, few ingredients and has a beautiful presentation. I've served this with wild rice and steamed green beans with garlic. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Butterfly the pork by slicing it in half lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, the other side. Open the halves (like a book), laying pork flat.
- 3Place pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 4Sprinkle the figs and blue cheese over the pork, leaving about a 1/2-inch margin around the outside edges. Roll up the pork lengthwise, like a jelly-roll. (I tucked in the sides prior to rolling to keep stuffing in, but this is optional.) Secure at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper, and place on a foil-lined pan coated with cooking spray.
- 5The original recipe called for baking it at 450°F for 20 minutes, however, I've found the tenderloin to still be raw in some areas, so I've adjusted the pre-jelly cooking time to about 25-30 minutes. Use a thermometer to gauge.
- 6Remove the pork from the oven and brush with the melted apple jelly. Return the pork to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the thermometer reads 160°F (slightly pink). Keep an eye on the pork if cooking for longer than the additional 5 minutes because I've found the apple jelly that melts onto the pan will begin to burn.
- 7Remove the pork from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes. Remove the twine and cut the pork into 1 inch slices, or to the thickness of your liking.
- 8Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 1-inch slices).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 588.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g