Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
These freeze well.
Top Review by Edwins
These are absolutely divine. I have now made about five batches as fresh figs are in season. My boyfriend's co-workers keep devouring them. I have made a few adjustments. I used 1-1/2 cups of fresh chopped mission figs and reduce the mashed bananas to 1 cup. I also eliminate the chopped walnuts on top of the muffins. Because I just love figs so much, this allows for more of the fig flavor to come through
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 170.09 g dried calimyrna figs or 170.09 g black mission figs, stems trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- 354.88 ml mashed ripe bananas
- 158.51 ml packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml broken walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter 20 muffin cups (or coat them with cooking spray).
- Add 2 tablespoons water each to any empty muffin cups.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together; add in the figs and chopped walnuts; toss to coat.
- In another bowl, whisk the banana, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla together until blended; add to dry ingredients all at once; fold in until evenly moistened.
- Divide batter among muffin cups; sprinkle tops evenly with broken walnuts.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing the muffins from pan.