1 hr 25 mins
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped natural whole almond
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 lbs granny smith apples, quartered, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 4 c.)
- 8 ounces dried calimyrna figs or 8 ounces dried black figs, stems trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced crystallized ginger
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (do not use instant)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, at room temperature
- vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt or heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter a shallow 13x9 inch baking dish or a deep pie plate; set aside.
- 2Spread the almonds in an ungreased baking pan; bake until lightly toasted, 8-10 minutes; let cool.
- 3Combine ¼ cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons flour in a big bowl; add in the apples, figs, and crystallized ginger; toss to combine.
- 4Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- 5Combine the oats, remaining ½ cup brown sugar, the remaining 1/3 cup flour, ground ginger, and salt in a big bowl; stir to combine.
- 6Add in the butter; work it into the mixture using a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly; sprinkle the oatmeal mixture evenly over the apple mixture.
- 7Bake 45-55 minutes until the crumbs are well browned and the apples are tender.
- 8Serve lukewarm or at room temperature, with a scoop of ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig and Apple Oatmeal Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 158.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: