Recipe by Cynna
From Cooking Light, a breakfast treat that's more like a muffin than a cookie, but delicious any way you look at it. Great with a glass of milk for an after-workout treat!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 dried fig, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in dried fruits and vanilla.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. combine flours, bran, baking soda, spices, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour to egg mixture, stirring until just moist.
- Gently fold in almonds.
- Drop by level 1/4 cup measures 4 inches apart on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Bake for 12 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool 2 minutes on pans and then remove to wire racks and allow to cool completely.