Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Austin de Croze. The longer this refrigerates, the better the flavour. This can be covered and kept in the fridge for about 5 days. Serve with crusty bread or crudite.
- 3 dried figs
- 1 red pepper, roasted and skin removed
- 100 g anchovies packed in oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 blanched almonds
- flat leaf parsley, a handful
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 5 ounces extra virgin olive oil (150ml)
- 2 teaspoons orange flower water
- Soak the figs in hot water for about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Put everything, except the oil and orange flower water, into a food processor.
- Pureee while adding the oil in a steady stream. Taste and add orange flower water 1 teaspoon at a time in case you find it too perfumed.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Best to make at least a day ahead.
REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good! TRUE!
It DEFINATELY has the WOW factor too!
Made it two days before, next time will make it 5!
The is enjoyingly demolished, on such unique recipes my friends THRIVE!
Some could not believe they were eating the ingredients (ie anchovy) when they did ask me,
WOW! WOW! WOW!!! NOTHING left on the plate did we all see!
I like this! very interesting salty/sweet/sour/bitter all at once. I made one fig's worth to try it out and will definitely make it again. Great on a mixed platter of crostini. Thanks, Amanda!