Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was given this recipe many years ago by a dietitian. Not sure how accurate the name actually is. I haven't made these in a long time but I remember them being good.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, bran, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, combine vanilla, egg, and molasses. Grate orange peel and add.
- Squeeze orange juice into measuring cup and add buttermilk to measure two cups. Combine with molasses mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, toss in the apple, raisins, and walnuts. Stir to moisten (do not overmix).
- Spoon into prepared muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes.
- Yield 20 small muffins.