Recipe by Hey Jude
This is my favorite way of having a steak. I got this recipe from Ken Hom's Quick and Easy Chinese Cooking.
Top Review by chia
just wonderful! i used ny strip steaks and followed your recipe, added the sauce at the end, we really enjoyed these, and it was a great easy way to jazz up plain old grilled steaks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of your favorite steak (New York, Rib-eye, Sirloin for example)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler, or light a fire in an open grill.
- Rub the steak with the salt, pepper, and toasted sesame oil.
- When the broiler is hot, or the coals are covered with gray ash, cook the steak on one side for 7 1/2 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and cook the other side for another 7 1/2 minutes for medium-rare.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Just before you are ready to serve, combine the green onions, ginger, and oyster sauce.
- Heat the oil in a small pan until it is smoking and pour this over the green onion mixture.
- Ladle the mixture over the steak and serve at once.