Recipe by lauren
Toast the French and flip for breakfast! Buttery, cinnamony French toast puts some curly in your cue!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, if you like
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 slices firm-textured white bread (look at bottom of recipe)
- sliced peaches or strawberries, and if you like or powdered sugar, if you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat with a rotary beater or fork until yolks and whites are mixed together. Add milk and, if you like, cinnamon. Beat until ingredients are well mixed. Pour egg mixture into a pie plate.
- Put half of the butter in a skillet. Put the skillet on a burner. Turn the burner to medium heat and let the butter melt.
- Dip 1 slice of bread into egg mixture. Turn bread over with a pancake turner to coat the other side. Put coated bread in skillet. Repeat with second slice of bread.
- Cook until bottoms are light brown. (To check, lift bread with pancake turner and peek underneath.) This will take 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn bread over. Cook until second sides are light brown (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more). Remove bread from the skillet.
- If necessary, put remaining butter in the skillet. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 with remaining bread and egg mixture. Turn off burner. Remove skillet from burner. If you like, serve French toast with fresh fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with a drizzle of syrup, bacon strips, and a glass of milk. *NOTE: If you don't use firm-textured bread, such as French bread, cover bread slices with paper towels and let them stand out on a counter for several hours or until they are dry.