Recipe by alligirl
Taken from the book,"Every day's a Party" by Emeril Lagasse; posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Have been on the lookout for nice, fresh blackberries since tagging this recipe & finally found just what I wanted! Even had the Grand Marnier ready & waiting! Your recipes makes for A REALLY GREAT TASTING DESSERT & although I usually like making this kind of thing all in one dish, I will say that the individual servings make for great presentation! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 4 pints fresh blackberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, PLUS
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature PLUS
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the blackberries, Grand Marnier, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the flour. Toss to mix and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Grease four 8-ounce ramekins with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- Divide the berry mixture equally among the ramekins.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the remaining stick of butter with the brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon, the remaining 1/2 cup flour, and the oats. Mix well.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the berries.
- Put the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Top each cobbler with a scoop of ice cream, if you wish, to serve.