- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon flour (optional)
- 4 (5 ounce) white fish fillets (or 1/2-inch fillets of flounder, catfish, tilapia, or other fish)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in the microwave about two minutes. In medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except flour, fish, and oil.
- Bring tomato mixture to a boil and simmer 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened, adding the flour, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, use oil to coat a 9" nonstick skillet and cook fish on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fillets begin to separate slightly. Pour tomato sauce over fish.
- Serve over hot rice.