Recipe by GaylaJ
Squash with a bit of a Tex-Mex twist. I served this as something different to side with tacos and just used what I had on hand: a zucchini and a yellow summer squash, hot and spicy chipotle salsa, and a colby-monterey jack blend. This was adapted from a reader-submitted (Desiree Zamorano) recipe in Bon Appetit.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces (about 3)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, garlic, and oregano; sauté about 2 minutes, until garlic is just golden.
- Add salsa, lower heat, and simmer until zucchini is just tender, around 4-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over zucchini, cover and cook until cheese melts and zucchini is done to your liking.