Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in skillet; add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Add squash and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Cook, covered, over moderately low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp-tender.
Simple and delicious! I used margarine and we loved it.
My husband really liked this. I used a banana pepper and cooked everything in olive oil. Next time I will try it with butter and I think it will be even better.
This is super!! I love the subtle thyme and lemon. The recipe is just right. The green pepper gives it a tiny tiny sweetness with the salt and spices. Perfect balance!!! Thank you for this recipe. Made for the Taste of Yellow Livestrong Event, May 2008.