Recipe by Sue Lau
You see the V word. You either will or you won't. It is not refined eating, but it's the kind of home cooking that working-class people love and enjoy every day. So, if you hate Velveeta, be nice or begone...
- 473.18 ml uncooked macaroni noodles
- 453.59 g Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 118.29 ml mild salsa
- 59.14 ml half-and-half or 59.14 ml milk
- 4.92 ml mild chili powder
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles and drain.
- In the same pot over low heat, melt the butter, then add the salsa, milk, chili powder and salt and pepper; stir to blend.
- Add the cheese and stir over low heat until it melts, then fold in the cooked drained noodles and serve.