1/3 Photos of Fiesta Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers
Tomorrow Never Knows's Note:
I created this recipe by just putting together ingredients that I like. A tasty Southwestern appetizer, sidedish, or even main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and clean out the seeds.
- 3Chop the onion and sauté until they are soft but still slightly firm.
- 4Mix the onion, black beans, and corn together in a mixing bowl.
- 5In a separate mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, and cilantro.
- 6Add the oil mixture to the vegetables, mix until they are thoroughly coated.
- 7Fill the pepper halves with the mixture.
- 8Top each pepper with combination of the two cheeses.
- 9On a cookie sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (1718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 168.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 15.7 g