Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Recipe from Healthy Crockery Cookery by Mable Hoffman and sent to you by Betty Copeland.
Make and share this Fiesta Tamale Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large bowl, mix cornmeal and broth.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef, chili powder, cumin, salsa, corn and olives.
- Pour into a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5-7 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
I happen to have the same book and this is one of my favorite recipes from it! How much easier could it be?rn
My DH loved this. A tasty tamale pie with no fuss. I browned and seasoned the ground beef with salt and pepper before adding it to the slow cooker.