Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Here is wonderful Tamale pie that everyone will enjoy, and all done in the crockery pot.
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal and broth; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in beef, chili powder, cumin, salsa, corn and olives. Pour into a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours or until set. Sprinkle cheese over top; cover and cook another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.