Recipe by belkathy
A pork and beef chili sauce tops store-bought tamales. Top with cheese and green onions and serve with Mexican style rice.
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb boneless lean beef, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless lean pork, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefrozen or fresh beef tamales, husks removed
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the shortening and brown the meat.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, chili powder, oregano, and cumin.
- Let cook about 20 min over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, stir in green olives and pour over tamales in a baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake according to package directions.