Recipe by diner524
A recipe I found online while looking for ZWT Mexico recipes. This is from Bueno Foods Recipes. Here is what is stated: "These are tacos to talk about! Kids love them because of the taste. Adults love them because they're so easy to make." Untried by me but plan to in the near future.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
We liked these tacos! I used leftover lamb roast which was shredded in place of the ground beef. This recipe: Recipe #474978 to replace the tomato/sauce and red chili sauce; leftover mashed potatoes with cheese, jalapeno, corn, etc. Mostly locally grown ingredients, too! Yummy and a *great* use of leftovers! Thanks! Reviewed for ZWT 8.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red chili sauce (BUENOÂ New Mexico Red Chile Sauce)
- 1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
- 10 taco shells (I would make my own taco shells, so yummy)
- cheddar cheese or longhorn cheese, grated
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- lettuce, shredded
- fresh tomato, chopped
- sour cream
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Brown beef in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté.
- 2.Add tomato sauce, red chile sauce, potato, and salt as desired.
- 3.Stir well. Cook uncovered over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4.Place taco shells on baking sheet. Heat in a 350º oven for 5 minutes.
- 5.Fill each shell with approximately two heaping teaspoons of filling. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 6.Garnish with lettuce, tomato and salsa or other toppings of your choice.