Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is easy to assemble and bake and tastes good too!
Make and share this Fiesta Taco Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, yellow corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft chive & onion cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 4 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in taco seasoning, corn, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Spread 1 cup salsa evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with 3 lasagna noodles (noodles should not touch each other or sides of dish), 2 cups ground beef mixture, and 3/4 cup salsa.
- Repeat layers using 3 lasagna noodles, remaining ground beef mixture, and 3/4 cup salsa.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and 2 cups salsa, covering noodles completely.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/2 cups Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings.
This was excellent. I did make several changes b/c I didn't have everything. I just a low sodium can of corn. (I don't like green/red/yellow peppers) I didn't have any salsa, so I used a can of tomatoes with green chilies. I didn't have chive and onion cream cheese, so I used palin cream cheese and added extra onion to the ground beef. I didn't add the shredded cheese to the mixture, but sprinkled it on top of the layers. My husband prefered the noodles to soft flour tortillas. I will definately make this again. In fact, I think I will go have some left overs now!
Can't be easier than this!! Never had a lasagna with salsa and corn - and we loved it (even my dbf who is not crazy about corn!). I added a bit of tomato sauce to the salsa (as I didn't have enough salsa). Used low-fat cheddar cheese. Thanks Juenessa - this is a keeper!! :)