Recipe by sapphire5910
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: My family and I have always enjoyed Mexican food,especially tacos.and taco salads. This is a new twist on an old family favorite. I came up with this recipe for the contest using some of my favorite ingredients from the list provided.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This was a nice, different thing to do with hashbrowns. I added onions when browning the meat. I used a little extra sour cream, but the end result was still a little too dry, in my opinion; even with the water. Next time I think I'd assemble this a little differently and/or add or subtract some things. Thanx for posting!
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium heat, drain,then add taco seasoning,2/3 cup water,and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- While ground beef is cooking, sprinkle hash browns into a casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup sour cream over hash browns. Then sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese over the sour cream.
- Cover with the ground beef mixture,then add the black beans and corn. Bake at 400 degrees,in preheated oven,for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and serve.