Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from my beloved Betty Crocker cookbook, and it is such a favorite that I want to share it with everybody! It's also a GREAT use for those tortilla chip bits at the bottom of the bag! I've "healthed it up" a bit, but you would never guess from the flavor and the servings are huge! The cookbook says this is 345 cals per serving, 13 g fat.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 cup salsa (the hotter the better!!)
- 2 cups tortilla chips, broken
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook turkey over medium heat 8-10 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in beans and salsa and heat to boiling.
- Place tortilla chips in the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 casserole. Top with turkey/bean mixture. Spread with sour cream, then top with onions, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Loved this, my DH did as well. I had to leave out tomatoes, didn't have them on hand. I just used what salsa I had left in the refrig to make up the difference. And I, too, added corn. It was too warm in the kitchen today to light the oven. Trust me it still tastes great on top of the stove. Thanks for a Tex-tasty recipe.
This was a really good quick dinner. I added corn like another reviewer, and DH threw in some taco seasoning to the meat while cooking it. I also used baked tortilla chips and doubled the tomato. I had to use a larger pan, as it would not all fit in my 8x8. I like how the sour cream kind of melts into it when it cooks and makes it creamy.
Simply delicious! I did not have a fresh tomato so used a can of diced drained tomatoes and plain non fat yogurt. Otherwise made as posted with mild salsa. My old standby is Betty Crocker! Made for the Went to Market Game. Thank you smellyvegetarian for posting.