Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is from my beloved Betty Crocker cookbook, and it is such a favorite that I want to share it with everybody! It's also a GREAT use for those tortilla chip bits at the bottom of the bag! I've "healthed it up" a bit, but you would never guess from the flavor and the servings are huge! The cookbook says this is 345 cals per serving, 13 g fat.
Top Review by ~ara
Loved this, my DH did as well. I had to leave out tomatoes, didn't have them on hand. I just used what salsa I had left in the refrig to make up the difference. And I, too, added corn. It was too warm in the kitchen today to light the oven. Trust me it still tastes great on top of the stove. Thanks for a Tex-tasty recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 cup salsa (the hotter the better!!)
- 2 cups tortilla chips, broken
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cook turkey over medium heat 8-10 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in beans and salsa and heat to boiling.
- Place tortilla chips in the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 casserole. Top with turkey/bean mixture. Spread with sour cream, then top with onions, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.