Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
We haven't tried this yet, but I wanted to post it for ZWT8. I don't often find low-fat southwestern recipes, so I was excited to find this. Prep time includes cooking rice.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole grain rice, hot-cooked
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- Pat scallops dry
- Combine cumin, chili and black pepper in a medium bowl. Toss scallops in spice mix.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. When oil is hot, add scallops. Cook for 2 minutes per side, undisturbed.
- While scallops are cooking, combine hot rice with chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and jalapeno. Drizzle with lime juice and toss.
- Serve scallops atop rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Very enjoyable scallops! The rice is wonderful, and I'll make it again just by itself. I'm a bit of a scallop-a-holic, and this is the first time I've used these seasonings on scallops. Delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT8.
Really loved this great scallop recipe! The scallops were great of course but the rice makes this special - loved the lime and jalapeno. I used brown rice with great results. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2012 event, recommended by DieniaB
wow this is good the rice was rockin i used little scallops yes bigger would be better i used white rice because i made Seared Sea Scallops in Mandarin Sauce at same time and made each recipe for 1 try this one . i just poured scallops oil and all into rice it was great made for zaar tour 8