My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 3/4 ounces creamed corn
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into small cubes (not the bottled kind)
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2Grease a 2-quart or 8-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together the corn, roasted red pepper, scallions, eggs, butter, half-and-half, salt,crushed red pepper flakes, and sugar.
- 4Working over a large bowl, sift together the cornmeal and baking soda, then stir in the cheese.
- 5Stir the vegetable mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined; do not overmix.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and bake until set, about 20 minutes.
- 8Serve hot.
- 9Garnish with sour cream, shredded sharp cheddar cheese & even guacamole.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiesta Spoon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.2
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 237.4 mg
- Sodium 1477.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers