Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a delicious "Slaw" with tortilla chip strips for just a little extra flavor, so good, I know you will enjoy it - The tortilla strips give it that extra crunch - Yummy!!! NOTE: You will need about one-third of a green cabbage to make 5 cups shredded. Add leftovers to soups, stir-frys, or mixed green salads.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
INGREDIENTS FOR CHILI TORTILLA STRIPS
- 2 corn tortillas
- chili powder
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup cooked corn kernel
- 1 field tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup radish, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 leaf lettuce (Boston or Bibb)
- METHOD FOR DRESSING:.
- In a small bowl, or measuring cup, whisk together mayonnaise vinegar, lime juice, cumin and salt.
- METHOD FOR TORTILLA STRIPS:.
- Lightly brush one side of tortilla with water; sprinkle with chili powder to taste. Cut into thin strips and place on paper towel-lined microwaveable plate. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until crisp.
- METHOD FOR SLAW:.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, corn, tomato, carrot, onion, radishes, and cilantro; toss with dressing.
- Line serving platter with lettuce leaves. Top with slaw: garnish with tortilla strips.