Top Review by catmaniacs
This was pretty good. I needed to come up with something fast and had this saved in recipe box, decided to finally give it a try! At first I thought there was too much liquid, but it was just fine. I think my 10 year old niece would love this...she says loves tacos and is sick of spaghetti sauce so I think she would be into spaghetti fixed this way. My husband is taking the leftovers to work tomorrow, he put some corn on top and is going to mix it all together. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onions, and bell peppers.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the uncooked spaghetti.
- Reduced heat covered and simmer until spaghetti is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.