Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Of all salads, Tex-Mex and Southwestern are my favorites. A meatless salad from Southwest Dairy Farmer's Assoc.
- 1892.72 ml romaine lettuce, chopped (chill your plates)
- 1 medium avocado
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml distilled white vinegar
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml dried leaf parsley
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml dill weed
- 453.59 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 311.84 g can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- To prepare the dressing, mash avocado in a mixing bowl then stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, salt and seasonings. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, place chopped lettuce in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients; toss lightly. Serve salad with the chilled Avocado Ranch Dressing.
Gailanng another wonderful dish!!! I made this for My 3 Chefs October 2013 and what a hit! I did follow the instructions except for using Kpd's Awesome Retro Burritos, Tacos or Chimichangas#359889 to make a heartier salad. The dressing is to die for. I love avocados and here in California we have them at hand. Thank you for posting and into my Favorites of 2013.