Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an attractive and zesty all in one dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head lettuce, washed, cored, and broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno, seeded
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bagbarbecue corn chips
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces Catalina dressing
- sour cream (to garnish)
- salsa (to garnish)
- cilantro leaf, torn (to garnish)
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil, add garlic and cook till fragrant, add beef, and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and cook to package directions, set aside.
- Dice onions, seed jalapenos and slice them thinly.
- In a large plate layer in this order: corn chips, lettuce, meat seasoned with taco seasoning, onions, cheese, kidney beans and jalapenos. When ready to eat serve with Catalina dressing and garnish with sour cream, salsa and torn cilantro leaves.